The trend towards the laying off of milk of animal origin spins up globally. A variety of plant substitutes fill in for traditional milk. These substitutes are becoming a separate category for people who gave up animal milk for health reasons and those who consume both vegetable milk and animal milk. The main types of vegetable milk are almond, soy, coconut, and others. Recently, however, oat milk demonstrates the highest growth rate of consumption. The United States, which is one of the largest consumer markets in the world and where there is a large audience that is constantly looking for new products and ready to open whole new categories, is a center for this trend. Although the category is quite new, there are already many strong competitors in the market.
One of the largest food producers in Ukraine contacted us. Its goal was to enter the US market with a new brand of oat milk.
To develop the positioning of a new oat milk brand to bring to the US market.
To complete the task, we went through several stages of project work.
• We carried out desk research, examining both the available research materials provided by the client and open market data from third parties. In addition, we researched customer feedback and opinions about the market and its problems. This gave us an understanding of the major pains that no player in the category covers.
• We also conducted qualitative research to understand the key insights of the target audience in the category. To meet the goal, we carried out a series of in-depth interviews with US consumers, who are consumers of the vegetable milk, and learned about their motives, consumption barriers in the category, and the criteria for making a purchase decision.
• The next step was to analyze the marketing activities of competitors in terms of messaging and positioning. The market turned out to be very diverse with radically different positionings of players, who focus on different segments of the target audience. We were challenged with identifying a niche in the market that is not occupied by competitors and, at the same time, has enough volume to occupy the required market share and achieve the customer’s business goals.
• Based on the tasks of different clients, we identified key audience segments and identified their key needs in the category. Based on this, we have developed separate sets of benefits that would meet the needs of each segment.
• Using the Brand Ladder methodology, we built a pyramid of brand attributes and benefits. And using Brand Key – derived positioning. Moreover, we formulated the brand’s mission and manifesto.
Currently, we are still working on bringing the brand to the market.
In the near future we will reply to your email.