The cognac market in Ukraine is growing despite the pandemic and other crisis factors. Traditionally, cognac is taken as a premium drink for older audiences. However, the global trend of cognac consumption among younger consumers has been developing for a long time, and brands are launching new product lines that meet the needs of this audience.
One of the largest producers of cognacs in Ukraine addressed us. They set themselves to launch a new brand and occupy a niche among the younger segment of consumers to expand market share.
To develop the positioning of a new cognac brand to enter the Ukrainian market.
To complete the task, we went through several stages of project work:
1. We conducted desk research, studying open market data from third parties and publishing key research results. In addition, we researched customer feedback and opinions about the market itself and its features. This gave us an understanding of the major pains that no player in the category covers.
2. The next step was that we carried out qualitative research to understand the key insights of the target audience in the category. To meet the goal, we also conducted a series of in-depth interviews with consumers in the category and learned about their motives, consumption barriers in the category, and the criteria for making a purchase decision.
3. The next step was to analyze the marketing activities of competitors in terms of messaging and positioning. It turned out that the market is monotonous and the positioning of players is almost identical, and they focus on the same segment of the target audience.
4. Based on the study data, we identified a key segment of the audience and identified its key needs in the category. We have developed a set of values and benefits that would meet the audience’s needs based on this data.
5. Using the Brand Ladder methodology, we built a pyramid of brand attributes and benefits. And using Brand Key – derived positioning. Moreover, we formulated the brand’s mission and manifesto.
The product was successfully brought to the market. Now cognac is not only a traditional drink for older audiences but also a stylish attribute of a modern person who is looking for a brand to reflect their values and lifestyle.
In the near future we will reply to your email.